Parrot Home 64 - Missing Partition Table

Hi All,

I’m new here and I’m excited to get started but I have a problem right from the beginning. I’m trying to install Parrot (I’ve tried home, security, and htb) to create a live USB drive and I’m getting a “Missing Partition Table” error when using Etcher. I’ve also tried the other recommended software (sorry, I don’t remember the name) and I get a similar type of error. Just for fun, I also tried Rufus, and again, another similar error. I’ve downloaded the files multiple times and have been searching google and youtube, but I can’t seem to find any information. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Tom

• ParrotOS iso in use:

• Application used for flashing the iso:

• Logs/Terminal output (use pastebin or similar services):

• Screenshots:

Hi @tefoster

You might want to wipe the USB drive using GParted to (re)create the partition table for that drive.

Have you tried a different USB drive? Have you tried burning a different ISO to the drive?

Hi - Thanks for your reply!

The issue is that the source iso image is what is failing, not the destination USB drive. However, to answer your question, I have tried multiple different USB drives of different sizes. I have also been able to use Etcher to successfully burn different bootable iso live images such as Clonezilla.

I’m confused, here. The Parrot site makes it sound like the downloadable iso images are directly ready to use Etcher or other approved software to be burned to the USB drive for a bootable live USB drive.

What am I missing?

Thanks,
Tom

That is not the ISO failing, an ISO is a fixed image and doesn’t even have a partition table…

Try reformatting the USB drive, unmount, then remount the USB drive and try burning the ISO image Etcher again.