Parrot icons on xfce missing

Briefly describe your issue below:

I installed the MATE version of parrot and I installed xfce as a secondary DE, because I love xfce. However, the icons on the parrot menu are missing, while they are availible in the MATE environment.

Screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/0TIN3hI

What version of Parrot are you running? (include version (e.g. 4.6), edition(e.g. Home//KDE/OVA, etc.), and architecture (currently we only support amd64)

Parrot MATE 4.7 amd64. Running xfce (added through apt after successful installation)

What method did you use to install Parrot? (Debian Standard / Debian GTK / parrot-experimental)

GTK installer.

Configured to multiboot with other systems? (yes / no)

Yes.

If there are any similar issues or solutions, link to them below:

None found for xfce.

how do you have installed xfce?

with:
sudo apt install parrot-xfce -y
?

works ootb on my dell-xps13 with the latest parrot-sec

I did not, I just ran

sudo apt install xfce4 -y.

However, I just installed parrot-xfce after i read your comment, and it installed some missing packages, but the problem is still there.

It must be noted that for Anonsurf, all icons are there.

Well i also love xfce ,
Why you need parrot icons, when you cam config pepris icon in xfce😁

That would solve absolutely nothing. I’d still have those ugly grey “error icons” in the menus.

In case anyone suggests using MenuLibre to manually add icons: i tried that and it broke my desktop files pretty much.

Ohh yoy mean, that broken image type icons right
Where in mate there is black parrot icon?
Maybe try to manually edit config for parrot manu

Unfortunately, that doesn’t seem to be possible

I went back to MATE out of pure frustration from looking at the problem, haven’t thought about it since.

This topic was automatically closed 60 minutes after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.