Parrot installer does not detect SSD

Briefly describe your issue below:
I recently tried to install Parrot OS in an HP Pavillion Laptop 15 dk-dk000.
When the momento to partition the disk came, the installer didn’t detect the internal SSD drive, which is a 500GB Intel Optane

What version of Parrot are you running? (include version (e.g. 4.6), edition(e.g. Home//KDE/OVA, etc.), and architecture (currently we only support amd64)
4.7 live installer

What method did you use to install Parrot? (Debian Standard / Debian GTK / parrot-experimental)

Configured to multiboot with other systems? (yes / no)
Not yet, i was planning to

If there are any similar issues or solutions, link to them below:

If there are any error messages or relevant logs, post them below:

do you see the ssd when you boot in live mode?

Hi @Carlos_Media,

I had a similar issue a while back with one of those hybrid HDD/SSD drives. Issue was resolved by installing Parrot using UEFI instead of standard BIOS.

Also, how did you create your live media? (Etcher/Rufus/dd) Etcher is recommended by Parrot.

I did it in balena Etcher. i also chose yes when the installer asked if I wanted to continue the install in UEFI mode

gparted detects both the 475 GB module and the 30 GB module. So i guess yeah? I read somewhere that linux cant be installed if RST/optane acceleration is enabled so that might be it

I deactivated Intel optane acceleration and both SSD modules showed up on the installer. The problem is fixed now

This topic was automatically closed 60 minutes after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.