Parrot OS BIOS contains WGDS but no WRDS

Hello, recently i have downloaded Parrot O.S. on my new Desktop computer. I’ve downloaded the ISO and create the booteable USB, and start to install it on my computer. But when it finished, it did the boot and pass the GRUB normally, but when the O.S. starts launching i get this message:

"
[ 15.053351] iwlwifi 0000:00:14.3: BIOS contains WGDS but no WRDS
[ 15.260800] iwlwifi 0000:00:14.3: BIOS contains WGDS but no WRDS
[ 18.609801] HDAUDIO HDAUDIOc0d2: Unable to bind the codec
"
By the way, some of my friends told me that it could be my motherboard, because it’s newer than other ones. It is the Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro- Wifi

I’m using Parrot-security-4.5.1_amd64

I tried to installed it on every mode: Standar and GTK

Configured to multiboot with other systems? Yes, with windows

"
[ 15.053351] iwlwifi 0000:00:14.3: BIOS contains WGDS but no WRDS
[ 15.260800] iwlwifi 0000:00:14.3: BIOS contains WGDS but no WRDS
[ 18.609801] HDAUDIO HDAUDIOc0d2: Unable to bind the codec
"

is about the Kernel 4.19 iwlwifi bug. The wifi module would constantly restart until it became unusable. The error line is part of the fix. As long as your wifi works: ignore it.
The latter seems to be an i915 bug that came up with the changes. They need to seperate the audio drivers from the graphics drivers. Again, as long as ist works: irgnore it.
Your friend is probably right. Had similar problems with my laptop with linux kernels bleow 4.15 refused to boot at all.
If you experience any problems you could try opensuse tumbleweed which helped me back then. Their bleeding edge intel support beats even fedora. You could use the parrot in virtualbox until the debian fixes are released and switch back then.

The problem is that i can’t launch the O.S brcause that message don’t let me get in.
Here’s a video to explain what i’m saying:

Yeah gigaBYEte is what ilm saying after my mobo gets a little older and i can justify it

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.