Parrot OS fresh install on Galaxy Book 3 problem

I am trying to install Parrot OS onto my galaxy book 3 and the mouse lags and the WiFi adapter is not found with both the iso and when installed. I am not sure what the issue is and it happens with both the security iso and the home. I tried the architect iso too and the trackpad does not work at all.

• ParrotOS iso in use:

Home and Security

• Application used for flashing the iso:

Balena Etcher

This is a fairly new product, as yet I do not have access to work sheets, we need to find which WI-FI chipset it has, can you install inxi from the software manager, then run inxi -Nnx from a terminal, copy and paste back the results.

Device-1: Intel driver: N/A port: N/A bus-ID: 00:XX.3

I can attach my phone and tether but no wifi adapter found

It wont find your hardware properly until it has the correct drivers installed, and more often than not, also the correct firmware loaded for the device.

I did have a cursory look for chip-sets, then realised there are so many variants of that model.
You need to investigate what is already inside your laptop, if you have a booting OS, like Windows, you can find out all the hardware from there.

Or you can try installing using a USB stick with the full ‘non-free’ debian drivers packages, easy to find with a search.

It could have an Intel 6 series wi-fi drivers should be in the kernel

it is more likely to be an RTL chipset, to install you will need internet connection [Ethernet or teatherd mobile ]

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:kelebek333/kablosuz
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt install rtw89-dkms

make sure secure boot is dissabled

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.