parrot os get hanging frequently.

Briefly describe your issue below:
Hello there . I recently installed parrot os security version (Parrot security 5.3.0-3parrot3-amd64). But I got the issue of frequent hanging. It isn’t because my system memory is full or any hardware issue, Even when terminal is running it got hanged. My system is Lenovo thinkpad X201 with 4 GB RAM.

So, can someone please help me out.Thanks is advance.

What version of Parrot are you running? (include version (e.g. 4.6), edition(e.g. Home//KDE/OVA, etc.), and architecture (currently we only support amd64)

What method did you use to install Parrot? (Debian Standard / Debian GTK / parrot-experimental)

Configured to multiboot with other systems? (yes / no)

If there are any similar issues or solutions, link to them below:

If there are any error messages or relevant logs, post them below:

Are you experiencing hanging/stalling during the boot itself (before login screen)? While doing something else entirely (well after login)? Or is the computer always hanging?

If this begins at boot time, run this command first to find out what process is taking up the most time/stalling during boot:

systemd-analyze blame

On the other hand if hanging is not experienced during boot time & only experienced during daily use (stalled programs), what programs are you running during those moments of stalling? (Too many tabs open/webapps on firefox is a very common problem for those w/4gb ram or less).

Please give us more information/pertinent log info so we can better help you.

Welcome to the Parrot forums ! :slight_smile:

Booting is just normal but it hanged 1st time when I’m trying to open vscodium (no other application is running except terminal - upgrading using sudo apt-get upgrade ). 2nd it hanged when I’m trying to open tor browser(no other application is open). 2 more times it hanged. When the system hangs , even mouse and keyboard control doesn’t work.

This is the issue I’m facing. Any kind help is appreciated :slight_smile:

The right command is full-upgrade

There is a memory leak bug in apt and we have to report and wait Debian team fix that. The “system hang” is actually your ram was leaked and flooded.

Thanks for you help. Let’s see if my system get hang or not in future. Currently it is working fine
. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.