Parrot os install problem

– I’m having trouble installing Security Edition –

I followed the installation documentation, does anyone know how to fix this?

External command failed to finish.
Command /usr/sbin/sources-media-unmount failed to finish in 600 seconds.
There was no output from the command.

• Screenshots:

Welcome
tell us more,
how are you trying to install, direct to hard-drive as a solo or multiboot, to a USB with persistence or to a VM?
What did you use to burn/write the ISO to your installation medium?

2 Likes

I’m sorry I forgot this, I want to install it inside the VM.

OK the usual problem comes just before the re-boot, you must unmount the installation medium/file from the VM before you re-boot

1 Like

OK, I’ll try it.

Hi Brickwizard,

Can you please elaborate a bit more on how to do that?

I also have the same error message and was stuck on 91% before the message popped up.

I am installing on an Oracle VirtualMachine Manager. It’s the latest Version - 7, I have also downloaded the extension pack for it. (I have two other systems running on it and it’s working fine, kali-linux, and Ubuntu).
I am trying to install Parrot Security OS, not sure where I am going wrong.

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you :slight_smile:

Welcome
OK hands up… I am not a VM user, [I have multiple drives] but one method is

put it back in the guest settings and boot the guest, tell the OS to eject /unmount the ISO and then go into the device tab at the top and set the drive to empty.

Hi @nhp

I’m not sure why the installation is failing. Remember to adjust video memory to 128 MB.

You can eject the disk in that screen by right-clicking “[Optical Drive] Parrot_Security-5.3_amd.iso” and choosing “Remove disk from virtual drive”.

1 Like

Thank you for the warm welcome.

I found out the problem (Maybe)- First I had Kaspersky running before I tried to install Parrot_Security-5.3_amd.iso, It flagged it as a trojan and I had to disable it. Took a few hours with no hope I decided to shut down and flag it for the day.
The next day, before I downloaded the iso and installed it, I made sure to pause Kaspersky…
IT worked :wink:
I didn’t do anything different with installation and was hoping to try both of your methods. Didn’t end up needing to.
Thank you again!

1 Like

you’re welcome,
As long as you have found your problem, and a solution.

It seem to be a problem related to VM Box, as I had same thing on version 6 even, delete that image in VM and also in folders pc and make new with same .iso. Just try again.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.