Parrot OS installation error in in Virtual machine

Unable to complete installation Virtaul machine.
Using latest iso ‘Parrot-security-5.3_amd64.iso’.
Giving following error
'External command failed to finish.
Command /usr/sbin/sources-media-unmount failed to finish in 600 seconds. There was no output from the command. ’

You need to unmount the installation file before re-booting the VM

This error is showing when installation is at 91%.
Installation is not yet completed or did not reach reboot stage.

1 Like

I solved that issue by delete the .iso and files and re make new one from scratch. I mean by that new image in VM with same .iso and cross fingers. Then the update and upgrade cross fingers, did only 1st not the upgrade to 6.0 as it lasted 4 hours and resulted after reboot and delete manually the .iso, passed the LUKS encryption it was a black screen with can’t find bootable device.

Thanks for reply
Can you mention more details for better understanding

the change .iso? Yes, just delete that distribution in it’s entirety in VM. I re used the same .iso to make a new one and it worked. as for after the installation in Calamare used the same methods to encrypt and there it succeeded at that 91% I don’t know why. Now for the upgrade, at the point when asked to upgrade to kernel 6 I did not dare to again as it fails and lasted 4 hours so I use at the moment the previous kernel just to go online. Note I use VM box version 6 as 7 also gives me a lot of trouble or it’s slow after install or it has network trouble or any else. I hope this was helpful. Good luck.
In addition, I see 2 tabs as sudo or super user in your screenshot maybe the cause for you is that you opened the installer twice?

Thanks for explanation.

For me this issue coming when i am freshly installing OS in a new vm in vmwaee player.

In utmost trouble, go Host in documents and erase all folders there as well. If that fail, make a sub account on Host with root permissions and re install also the VM. I have no experience using VM Ware, only Box.