Parrot OS randomly turns off

Briefly describe your issue below:
I have it randomly shut down on me sometimes. I was playing a youtube video in the background while trying to mess around with SET and my screen went black and my keyboard and mouse shut off too. I just got it today and dual booted it today because I like practicing with these tools. Also another thing I’d like to add that little square to find the apps in the bottom left I cant find it its gone.

What version of Parrot are you running? (include version (e.g. 4.6), edition(e.g. Home//KDE/OVA, etc.), and architecture (currently we only support amd64)
4.6 OVA I believe.

What method did you use to install Parrot? (Debian Standard / Debian GTK / parrot-experimental)
Debian GTK

Configured to multiboot with other systems? (yes /
no) Yes

If there are any similar issues or solutions, link to them below:

If there are any error messages or relevant logs, post them below:

ova is a virtualbox image. do you use virtualbox?
run cat /etc/os-release to show us your version
and ps -e | grep -E -i "kde|mate" to see your DE
and a part of your systemlog from the time around the crash would be good
you have the system log in “/var/log/syslog” and the software related log in “/var/log/dmesg”

Imgur

That was of your first suggestion the last two commands didnt feel like working.

ok so u have 4.7 on mate desktop. the last 2 “commands” were paths to log files not actual commands
browse to those paths and open them with a text editor. then post the part of the log when the crash happens. about 2 minutes before the crash to the actual crash. if you cant remember, force a crash and check the time to find the point of interest.

and to get back the app launcher, right click on the panel and select ‘reset’. or ‘add’ and scroll down to ‘menu’ and add it manually.

Ive tried both thise commands and a lot of variations of them ever since you posted it and it just says that syslog is a directory that does not exist.

Edit:I’m new to linux based systems just I tried this one out in a VM and decided to dual boot it.

look, the directory is “/var/log” (from root /) and the file names are “syslog” and “dmesg”. they have no extension like .txt or anything. just open your file explorer and go to root directory (/) from there go to “var” and next “log”, there u can find those 2 files and then you can open them with a text editor to copy its content near the time around the crash and paste it here.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.