ParrotOS doesn't want to boot from my USB

So I’m trying to install ParrotOS on my USB but it didn’t go as well as I expected.

I downloaded the security ISO and checked the hash and it was all good.

I flashed/burned the ISO on a 32 GB 3.0 USB stick using rufus (DD modus and ISO modus) and balenaetcher on my windows 10 and balenaetcher on ubuntu and it all worked but in different ways and outcomes. I formated it and reset it using powershell to make it back to one partition as some options here made two partitions.

Then I went into the BIOS and tried to boot from that USB but it just ignored it and went to my dual boot (don’t mind that),so I took my HP laptop, went into the bios boot menu and booted from that USB but it said “Selected boot image did not authenticate. Please press enter to attempt boot to next device.” which just mean it didn’t work.

I’m really tired of this as I also have a TailsOS USB and it works perfectly fine from that USB.

My plan was to make a dual boot with TailsOS and ParrotOS on an USB.

I’ve heard that I need two USBs, one with the live installation on that I’m trying now, and another where I need to install the full version on. (Heard from a youtube video)

Any help is highly appreciated!

If you are trying to create a USB with persistence, then Ventroy usually works better

That worked perfect! Now I’m trying to install it byt it keeps giving me a failed error… And sadly I cant add parrotos along with tails.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.