pen testing an OLD 2007 de-ice s1.100 system

Ok, so i am pen testing an old VM that was built for testing against. The scenero is that im “hired” by the ceo to brute force the network.

according to the book i have by Thomas Welhelm, once you use hydra to get the username and password combo, you can now ssh intl the box via

ssh [email protected]

from here its supposed to ask for the password and then i can further enumerate the system… BUT here is the issue. since i am using parrot os and its 2023 and not 2007, i cant ssh into the system do to this error:

Unable to negotiate with 192.168.1.100 port 22: no matching key exchange method found. Their offer: diffie-hellman-group-exchange-sha1,diffie-hellman-group14-sha1,diffie-hellman-group1-sha1

to verify that i can login, i went to the 2007 de-ice s1.100 box (192.168.1.100) and ssh’ed into itself just fine with no errors. This box was ment to be tested against with backtrack 2 hahaha.

i also tried `ssh -o KexAlgorithms=diffe-hellman-group-sha1 [email protected]

with no luck

How do i get this working? thanks

Hi @Lt72884

I proudly keep BackTrack 5 (Gnome and KDE) on my drive of ISOs. :laughing:

If you are using Metasploitable2 (Ubuntu 8.04), you may want to try Metasploitable3 (Ubuntu 14.04 or Windows Server 2008).

Build using Vagrant or download Ova.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.