Persistence help for a newbie

Hey Parrot crew.

Please be patient with me, I’m (semi) new to linux and might need a little more instruction than you’re used to. With that being said, I’m trying to set up a persistence for my bootable Parrot Sec OS using a Memorex 64GB drive on any Acer Nitro running Windows 11. I can make the bootable drive with Etcher no problem, but tried to mess with the partitions with Gparted once Parrot booted and ended up deleting the bootable image. I was following a thread in this community linked here

I reflashed the image with Etcher and I’m back to square one. Any help you can provide is appreciated.

• ParrotOS iso in use:
    I have Parrot booting live with no persistence. I’m trying to set myself up on Windows 11 and live boot Parrot, but if I can boot Parrot and then set up the persistence I have no problem trying it that way.

• Application used for flashing the iso:
    Balena Etcher

I tried this guide last night Encrypted Persistence Parrot-Security 4.7
I still have no persistence but the disk is encrypted and asks me for the luks password when logging in…

https://nest.parrotsec.org/org/community-team/documentation/-/blob/dev/src/en/to-be-reviewed/07.-%20Parrot%20USB%20Live%20Persistence.md

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.