Persistence Passwords and Permissions

Briefly describe your issue below:
Using Live Persistence, firstly, none of the passwords from the site work, i wanted to edite /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf to disable the autologin on user account, but i can’t since i don’t know the password of the actual user in order to change it.

Next, there’s a problem with the system permissions, instead of root owning everything, its the user account which means i can read and write and execute files i’m not supposed to as user, and i can sudo without the system asking me for passwords ( Screenshot of all that below). If all that is supposed to work this way, do tell me because i don’t know, and thought maybe it was a problem.

What version of Parrot are you running? (include version, edition, and architecture)
Linux parrot 4.14.0-parrot13-amd64 #1 SMP Parrot 4.14.13-1parrot13 (2018-01-21) x86_64 GNU/Linux

What method did you use to install Parrot? (Debian Standard / Debian GTK / parrot-experimental)
Live Persistence
Configured to multiboot with other systems? (yes / no) no
no
If there are any similar issues or solutions, link to them below:

If there are any error messages or relevant logs, post them below:

Hi there,

First time user, so yes, I’m a total noob pretty much.

Anyway, I figured how to change the user “parrot” password from “toor” to what I wanted it to be. However, in order to install updates it’s still asking me for another password, which must be different than the “parrot” user which as I mentioned I had already changed by the following procedure:

Change Password-

Then on the top of the screen is a root terminal. Click that.

Then use the “passwd” command to change the password.

So that worked for changing the default “toor” password like I said, but I still need tthe main password to update system.

Linux Parrot Security OS Raspberry Pi 2/3
Parrot Build:
armhf (armv7) 32bit
Parrot-rpi-2017.11.15_armhf

Method of installation: parrot-experimental

I’m not even sure whether I have “Live Persistence”, since I don’t recall doing that step. It would be cool though.

Not configured to multiboot with other systems.