Pngs are just random lines of color when downloaded

– Please Write here your help request, –
Whenever I download or save a png from either the screenshot program or the internet, they are completely corrupted. The image appears in the corrupted form when I upload it somewhere on the internet, in the preview in the folder, and when I open it with Eye of Mate. I can copy and paste from the screenshot program just fine. JPEGs, SVGs, and ICOs all work.

Some pngs do work. For example, I just used the obsidian deb package to install it, and the png files for the icons work, but the custom icon I tried to download from them did not work. When I run file on these files, I get this:
Downloaded:

: obsidian-icon.png: PNG image data, 512 x 512, 8-bit/color RGBA, non-interlaced

Installed with deb:

: /usr/share/icons/hicolor/512x512/apps/obsidian.png: PNG image data, 512 x 512, 8-bit/color RGBA, non-interlaced

Even if someone can point me in the right direction, that would be great. I’m still a bit new, and I’m not sure what all comes into play when downloading and image like this.

• Parrot version in use: 6.0 (lorikeet) (also was happening on 5.2)

• Kernel version: 6.5.0-13parrot1-amd64 (was also happening on 5.6)

• Logs/Terminal output (use pastebin or similar services):

• Screenshots:

it’s due to Firefox, use some other web browser.

temporary solution:
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1370019

1 Like

Thank you, that does seem to fix the issue. I’ll just use a different browser if I need to work with pngs