Possible Extra features

Hey guys how things going???

So I was thinking, what possible features Parrot OS is missing?? like those small extras yet important add-ons if I may say, that would make the OS better as whole.

I am thinking about another layer of protection that is built-in-to the OS that would act as a filter for all In-coming and Out-going traffic against unwanted applications, cookies, ad/spyware, potentially specific designed codes that would harm the OS or negatively affect its performance or stability.

3 Likes

A firewall essentially? Never have enough in my opinion, well until you make it a little too bothersome and difficult for packgs to say or listen to anything outside your super sandbox haha but in all seriousness I am quite thrilled to see what new heights we can take torrifying with our collaboration with Whonix!

parrot provides the gufw firewall by default, it is a graphic user interface for the ufw firewall, which is a very powerful and easy to use (read: idiot proof) iptables wrapper

Right, i was asking if he meant like a firewall (Iā€™m pretty sure what he described fits the definition) and I got sidetracked with my excitement on reading some of the docs on whonix regarding tor haha. Apologies Iā€™ll make sure to improve my clarity of meaning and thought separation in the future!

Whoa what? My installation has neither ufw or gufwā€¦?

Hey guys, iā€™m thinking a new event/task schedulerā€¦ really helpful if u have something important to do and you tend to forget a lot.

Sticky notes included. Very helpful.

1 Like

Yes. Parrot needs sticky notes

Sticky-notes is preinstalled on Parrot, comes with mate-applets package.

Rigth click on panel -> Add to panel -> Sticky notes

We need a sticky notes with an alarm trigger, one that appears to remind u if somethingā€¦ and thanks for the infošŸ˜Š

1 Like

If you do this, +1 happy user :smiley:

1 Like

I will see what i can doā€¦ :wink::blush:. Thanks for motivating me bud :blush: where i can get the code for sticky note?

good luck :smiley:

1 Like

Oh thank you very much, just one more NOOBISH question, what language did you write stick note with?

This applet is writen in C
But any other language should work

I was thinking about it. The user can either manually set the time, day, week, month, year. Or he can use the calender built with-in the system. Where he can simple navigate to the day he was in the month & year he wishes; right click that day and select an option (ā€œAdd Eventā€). After which sticky notes start up, he writes whatever he wants and clicks save. Then a pop-up appears asking the user to enter the hour to launch sticky note, thus reminding him of that event.

What to be coded:

1. The button with-in the calander saying:ā€œAdd Eventā€.
  2. Linking that button. Like OnClick trigger, launch sticky noteā€¦ user enter data then after saving.
  3. Pop-up asking for the hour with 3 inputs fields:
    3.1. Hour field min=00 and man=23.
    3.2. Minute field min=00 and max=59.
    3.3. Second field min=00 and max=59.
  4. An if statement controlling the relation between second, minute,and hour:
    4.1 if (Second==59 && Second++)
    {
    Minute++;
    Return Minute;
    }
    4.2. if (Minute==59 && Minute++)
    {
    Hour++;
    Return Hour;
    }
    4.3.while (Hour=<23)
    {
    Return Hour;
    } Hour==00;
    return Hour;

P.S. I have the logic but the languagung skillsā€¦ not that good. Plus I have this nasty flu, and i can not think straight. Good Luck.