Problem connecting Parrot to the Internet on wifi

I’m using a Dell Latitude 3310 laptop with Windows 11. I’ve installed the latest Virtualbox and set up a Parrot 5 vm. I’m trying to connect to wifi but it can’t seem to connect using an Intel Wireless-AC 9560 160mhz adapter. I’ve tried adapter type (PCnet-III (Am79C973) & (PCnet-FAST III (Am79C973). It seems like the virtual adapter is connecting and I’ve typed in the correct mac address in the Network settings but the vm won’t connect and using Firefox won’t connect even though it looks like its working. I’m not sure what I should have set for Promiscous mode. I’ve unchecked the Cable Connected box. Anyone else have this issue with this Intel adapter?

• Kernel version (if you are not aware of it, open terminal and type uname -r):

• Logs/Terminal output (use pastebin or similar services):

• Screenshots:

Welcome to the forums
Sounds like you may be missing the driver’s for the USB dongles, do you know which chipset PCnet use?
I suspect they are probably Realteck,
do you have inxi installed? if so can insert one of the dongles whilst running the VM then run from the terminal, inxi -Nn and copy back the report

Here is the inxi report.

Here are my current wifi settings.

Device 1 [PCnet] is your onboard network adaptor,
device 2 is your bridge from VM to host
you are not showing any Wi-Fi connected, to a USB port.
If you have a usb Wi-Fi adaptor connected, then check your USB parameters in the VM’s settings
If you have a USB adaptor plugged in BUT it is in use by the host, you cannot connect to the same one without disabling it in the host network settings

I’m just using the onboard Intel Wireless-AC 9560 160mhz adapter or trying to use it.

Won’t happen, the host will maintain control of the inbuilt wi-fi,
If you want your VM to have direct connection to the outside world, you will need to use a USB adaptor

Thanks for the clarifcation.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.