Problems with parrot-upgrade from Parrot OS 5.3

Hello,
I used parrot-upgrade on two different computer with the same version Parrot OS 5.3.
On the first one, the upgrade was nearly successfull but I lost my wire network connection et I finally used timeshift to go back to previous 5.3 version.
On my second computer, it was a complete failure.
I obtain a Debian boot instead of Parrot boot.
And when I tried to boot, the boot process has rapidly freezed.
I needed to boot on a live Parrot OS 5.3 on an USB key in order to use timeshift and recover my previous Parrot OS 5.3.
Did you experoenced such problems and do yo have any clues in order to get a successfull upgrade ?
Thanks a lot for your help
Regards
Charles

I finally succeeded to upgrade on both computer with the difference that one upgraded on kernel 6.5 and not the other one.
On the one with upgrade of kernel 6.5, I used the following commands before rebooting after upgrade :
#sudo apt purge linux-headers-6.5.0-3parrot1-common
#sudo update-initramfs -c -k 6.5.0-3parrot1-amd64
#sudo update-grub

Then, it works fine.

On the other computer, the kernel stayed on version 6.1, but the wired network driver was deleted, which causes my network problem.
So I downloaded the corresponding driver on my other computer :
r8168-dkms_8.051.02-2_all.deb
After reinstalling this driver and let it upgrade with a parrot version, it works fine.

If you have any idea why the kernel is not upgrading with the same version ?
The starting point was the same on both computer.
Thanks

• Parrot version in use (if you are not aware of it, open terminal and type cat /etc/os-release | grep VERSION):

• Anonsurf running? (yes/no)

• Logs/Terminal output (use pastebin or similar services):

• Screenshots:

2 Likes

Thank you, I will try these commands before reboot after upgrade.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.