Problems with VNC

I have a Raspberry Pi I use to connect to using VNC, but I have some problems with VNC in Parrot. I have downloaded VNC viewer, but when I try to run it, I get this error "Conflicts with the installed package “xthightvncviewer”

What can I do to get this to work ?

1 Like

have you tried right clicking in synaptic and “mark for removal” on xtightvncviewer prior to installing the new vnc viewer? I have not experienced this myself but this could happen if they share symlinks, .conf files or some other part of xtightvncviewer installation location.

By saying this, I’m assuming you have not already setup xtightvncviewer for use.

If you have nothing to lose in your work by doing so, 1st mark for removal xtightvnviewer in synaptic & hit apply. Then try again to install the vnc viewer you wish to use. There should be no conflict once it is removed. You can always reinstall xtightvncviewer later, quickly/easily through synaptic. This is likely the fastest way to fix it.

Let me know how it goes :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

It seems to work, but now I don’t know how to start the VNC files I have downloaded. I used Kali before Parrot, and there I just had to click on the file, and the VNC would start up, but can’t start it that way here.

1 Like

I found out I had to write “sudo apt install ./name_of_the_file”

The “./” part was what I forgot.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 minutes after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.