Pulseaudio microphone problem.

Hi! Long time no see. I’m back to Parrot OS 4.11.3 (LTS) XFCE after I’ve moved from Debian and then PopOS as my main OS, and it’s good to see Parrot OS is now very stable!

However, whenever I speak into the microphone, there’s an ear raping buzzing sound. Sometimes when I restarts pulse audio, it’s work just fine, but after I unplug my Samsung USB-C earphone, it starts to do funky things again.

I started pulseaudio server, via the terminal, and this is the error I’ve got:

W: [alsa-sink-USB Audio] alsa-util.c: Got POLLNVAL from ALSA
W: [alsa-source-USB Audio] alsa-util.c: Got POLLNVAL from ALSA
E: [alsa-sink-USB Audio] alsa-sink.c: Error opening PCM device front:1: No such file or directory
E: [alsa-source-USB Audio] alsa-source.c: Error opening PCM device hw:1: No such file or directory

I know that this is not Parrot OS’s fault, but is there any fix for it? I can’t seem to find it, even in the arch forum. Some say that they updated pulse audio, and it broke. Thanks in advanced!

Seems like a very very specific problem. did you got it after full upgrade or totally fresh installation?

1 Like

I’m not sure, because I didn’t test the mic, before doing a full upgrade. I’m only aware of this when my CS teacher taught me on Discord (Nevertheless, I’ve finally got in touch with a CS teacher, whose formally a senior driver developer yay! ). After the class, I was told by my friend that when I speak, my voice is very quiet, but there’s a loud buzz (even when I set my microphone volume to low). So after the call, I started checking if this is a Discord bug or not by testing my mic on the browser, and it turns out it was the good 'ol Pulseaudio, being itself.
Sorry for not checking my microphone, because it works perfectly fine on my old Parrot installation, Debian11, and Pop!_OS. Who would’ve thought that I’d get memed by the one and only pulseaudio? xD