Raspberry Pi and Parrot OS related issues.

So I’ve browsed around the topics with tags for “Rpi” and “Raspberry Pi” and still felt the need to make this. There’s a few issues that come up such as the wlan0mon mode. Maybe this could be an all-in-one place for raspberry pi issues. I see there is work being done with the rpi version of parrot os and I’d like to thank anyone working on that. Thank you.I have run into a few issues so far.

I’m using a Raspberry Pi 4 8gb model.

Fresh out the box the “apt-get update” gets an error when trying to pull from the link "Index of /parrot/ parrot-backports/main arm64 " claiming file size was unexpected

(780073 != 780123)

This was as of 7-24-22

After installing the MATE de, i noticed my connection to the wifi isn’t even visble, the bluetooth also doesn’t seem to work. Is there a fix for this?
I’m using the ethernet connection fornow but i’d love to not have too, even if monitoring mode isn’t currently working.
Also sound doesn’t seem to work at all (speaker-test command produces no sound).

“hcitool dev” produces nothing.
Fixes for any of these problems would be great and I’m sure it would help others besides myself.

As I come into contact with more issues with the Raspberry Pi 4, I’ll be sure to place them her.

I am new to the ParrotSec Community so any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance!

systemctl service bluetooth

produces this message

systemctl status bluetooth
● bluetooth.service - Bluetooth service
Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/bluetooth.service; enabled; vendor pre>
Active: inactive (dead)
Docs: man:bluetoothd(8)

after using the command

systemctl start bluetooth
systemctl status bluetooth

i get this

● bluetooth.service - Bluetooth service
Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/bluetooth.service; enabled; vendor pre>
Active: active (running) since Sun 2022-07-24 20:57:07 EDT; 14s ago
Docs: man:bluetoothd(8)
Main PID: 64509 (bluetoothd)
Tasks: 1 (limit: 9294)
CPU: 132ms
CGroup: /system.slice/bluetooth.service
└─64509 /usr/libexec/bluetooth/bluetoothd

still hctool dev returns zilch

First of all, thank you for your feedback on the rpi edition for Parrot. We need feedback like this.

We are working on it, for the moment there may be problems with the bluetooth.

1 Like

Yea, im willing to give whatever constructive feedback I can give. Thank you and the parrotsec team for making a rpi edition, its really appreciated. I know it takes a lot of hard work and as a user, I feel morally obligated to give good feedback. Ill continue to do so!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.