Restoring system to earlier time

Briefly describe your issue below:

I need help to restore my distro into earlier time because i have screw up everything. Now my user account suddenly lost and when i try to open up terminal and type “reboot” or “poweroff” it says command not found…

Also i found that my firefox convert into a normal browser and didnt showed up Parrot intro page…

It started when i try to use the ‘find’ command to search for file and the command as below:

'find . /path/to/myfolder/ -type f -name “*.png” -exec mv /path/to/other/folder {} ; ’

(some sort like above command. Not remember actual one)

So, when i run the command it move all file from home directory to my ‘folder’ i create…even though i dont want it to do that. what i need is just to transfer file from inside one folder into a new folder. Tha’ts all…Didn’t expect it.

the screenshot below is what happen when i type the ‘reboot’ and ‘poweroff’ command. it’s not working anymore…

Please, i need help how to do this…have search through the internet and didn’t find any solution…

Screenshot%20at%202018-09-18%2021-54-50

What version of Parrot are you running? (include version, edition, and architecture)

• Linux parrot 4.18.0-parrot8-amd64 #1 SMP Parrot 4.18.6-1parrot8 (2018-09-07) x86_64 GNU/Linux

What method did you use to install Parrot? (Debian Standard / Debian GTK / parrot-experimental)

• Debian Standard

Configured to multiboot with other systems? (yes / no)

• no

If there are any similar issues or solutions, link to them below:

If there are any error messages or relevant logs, post them below:

I have a good solution but it works fine after a fresh install.
You can install a system restore tools such like Timeshift (https://github.com/teejee2008/timeshift) which creates filesystem snapshots using rsync+hardlinks, or BTRFS snapshots.

You can see the instructions on how to do so on its page on Github link above.

1 Like

Depending on how far along you are after your initial install and your hard drive resources breaking it and learning what not to do and how certain packages work and depend off of others is a wonderfully effective way to immerse oneself into learning not only about parrot but how to best configure it for your needs (and a whole lotta stuff to explore along the way)!