Screen tearing, kernel 5.3, Haswell Intel HD4600

Briefly describe your issue below:
After upgrade to kernel 5.3xxx I had horizontal screen tearing while browsing internet, playing videos…
While searching for answers on net I found this potentially solution:

I found some solution putting 20-intel.conf file in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/ like suggested in link above and added all options, because basic settings didn’t gave me good results, and Firefox has issues -there were no bookmarks, addons, customizations…

Section “Device”
Identifier “Intel Graphics”
Driver “intel”
Option “TearFree” “true”
Option “AccelMethod” “uxa”
Option “TripleBuffer” “true”
EndSection

This solves my problem but created another -after screen goes to sleep I did not manage to back to screen -I can see only mouse but screen was black…
After that I find some texts about gpu compositors and other window managers, and finally I read about Compton GPU compositor and installed it and activated it trough “Mate Tweak” and changed in Windows manager from Marco (Adaptive compositor)-default to Marco (Compton GPU compositor).
And now I have zero screen tearing :slightly_smiling_face:
I hope that some will find this useful…
Just to mention that with kernel 5.2 screen tearing was not so obvious like with newest 5.3

What version of Parrot are you running? (include version (e.g. 4.6), edition(e.g. Home//KDE/OVA, etc.), and architecture (currently we only support amd64)
4.7 Home Edition

What method did you use to install Parrot? (Debian Standard / Debian GTK / parrot-experimental)
Debian standard

Configured to multiboot with other systems? (yes / no)
y=with Win7

If there are any similar issues or solutions, link to them below:

If there are any error messages or relevant logs, post them below:

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.