Selected text is automatically copied, then pasted with middle mouse button click / wheel

Hello.
I am not sure this didn’t happen on previous builds, as I have just noticed it (running recently updated kernel 6.5, with mate desktop)
Whenever I select text - in any application (terminal, file manager, text editor, firefox, etc. , any application I checked) - the text is being automatically copied to “another” clipboard (not the one called by CTRL+V) and then automatically pasted when middle mouse button is pressed.
This is not a desired behavior for me: for example when I use middle-click to open a new tab in firefox - I don’t need the text directly passed to firefox, initiating a search for this text in my home page (duckduckgo).
I also find it “nosy”, to say the least, feeling like I can’t select text while reading without it being “picked-up”. Why would anyone want that? If I want something copied - I use CTRL+C.
Is this a part of standard system behavior or something “fishy” is going on with my system?
I also think it might be using resources inefficiently, as sometimes I “scroll-select” through a website or a document, I don’t need “all-that” copied to any clipboard.
please somebody help:
Is my system infected with anything or is this a built-in behavior?
Can it be stopped? if yes - please - how?

Thank you in advanced!

VERSION_ID=“6.0”
VERSION=“6.0 (lorikeet)”
VERSION_CODENAME=lory

EDIT: I found something about it here:

The thing is - I don’t want that “feature”, and I don’t feel like installing “parcellite”. Is there a way to just use the regular clipboard, and stopping selected text from being automatically copied?

It’s really bothering. Also: middle-click behavior is unexpected when - for example - I just selected a text (so it’s now copied, automatically, to the “other” clipboard!) on pluma text editor, closed the editor, switched to firefox, want a new tab using middle-click, now middle-click does nothing, until I do something else in firefox!
Against: not closing pluma, middle-click in firefox - new tab opens with pasted text - search it on duckduckgo!

Please help me.

Also something here worth exploring:

Regarding the “X clipboard”. If I find my solution on my own I’ll update the post or reply to it.
Any help will be appreciated!

• Logs/Terminal output (use pastebin or similar services):

• Screenshots:

Another on this:

Horrible.

Checked also after reboot. Any idea why this is ignored (unchecked=off, disable) and middle-button still pastes “primary” (selected text, copied automatically as described and probably intended…)
Again: my wish is to NOT copy selected text, but I’ll settle for it not to be pasted with middle-click.
From what I read so far I understand that the text doesn’t really get copied until “summoned” by the middle-click “paste-process”. But this is buggy - as described above (with firefox behavior if selected text source is closed!)

As I still don’t want to install any package to deal with it, especially not gnome tweaks, I followed one advice from

and disabled middle mouse button paste in firefox about:config

STRANGELY ENOUGH
This seems to have the entire “issue” - RESOLVED:
Middle click no longer “pastes” previously selected text - in any other application as well! (and I’m happy again).

Hope this thread here helps people in similar situation.