Startup freezed

– Hello and hope you are doing well
I am using the latest OS home version 6.1.0.amd64. Everything was working fine till the electricity cut off suddenly :pensive: then I stuck out and not able to start up my os even the recovery mode freezed –

Appreciate you kind support

Hello, looks like this is a fault of btrfs and it gives you “BTRFS error: parent transid failed on logical”

online it says:

If there is a crash or power-outage before the root is updated, the root will still point to the old branch and the old leaves, and your old data remain intact.

in the wiki it says:

Once the mismatched generations are stored on the device, it’s permanent and cannot be easily recovered, because of information loss. The recovery tool btrfs restore is able to ignore the errors and attempt to restore the data but due to the inconsistency in the metadata the data need to be verified by the user.

it looks like you have a big difference where it looks for and where it finds so trying to fix it can make you lost some data.

more info:
unoffical Btrfs Parent Transid Failed | Forza's Ramblings
wiki Troubleshooting pages — BTRFS documentation

Thank you for your reply… I did some searchs on this issue and find the following topic but unfortunately not able to perform any command in Grup panel and it’s not accepting any sudo commands

maybe you need to boot from live usb and chroot

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.