Strange behaviour while upgrade !

– Please Write here your help request –
Hello Parrot OS team , i recently move to install Parrot alongside windows, everything working fine , i do the usual apt-update , apt-upgrade … nothing really bad,but when i reboot , if i try to update , i got an update for 2xxx app , and then when i upgrade the upgrade work but all the font became strange !
i have only these caractere eveywhere ! >> ‘_-.’ , i did try to install 2 times parrot os and it does it 2 times , this make it totally useless ! , what i am doing wrong ?

• ParrotOS iso in use:
    last version

• Application used for flashing the iso:
    balena etcher

• Logs/Terminal output (use pastebin or similar services):

• Screenshots:

Hi @Violet_Skunk

It appears to be a bug in the bashrc. It was reported a few days ago and I myself ran across the issue tonight when a switched to sudo su (image below).

[quote=“[SOLVED] Strange terminal output on launch, post:1, topic:27784”]
any changes to
[/quote]
Every file installed have there name changer for random ex: ‘–’‘–’'__

is this is the same problem ?
i ask because i don’t have problem with terminal , it is all the files…

if i give you a screenshot will you fix it ?

I have never run across this. Does Parrot boot up despite the fonts for files and directories being screwed up like that at the desktop? Or can you not even boot up?

If you boot off a live linux iso, does the current file system for Parrot still have messed up fonts?

it doesnt boot anymore.it’s only when i upgrade to V6

Screenshot

You could try to use the new Parrot 6.0 ISO to see if your issue has been solved (software-wise).

https://parrotsec.org/download/

i will try to install it an a VM and see what s happen or alongside with Kali . NICE GUI !