Stuck on login loop after installing nvidia-driver

Hi there,
So my problem is when I boot in default i have access to the login GUI like normally, I type my password and when I hit enter the screen goes black like if it was turned off and blink black to reload the login GUI and this sequence loop forever.

The last things I did was trying to install nvidia-driver to try if I could run a steam game on my pentest machine, *sight* terrible idea …

Right after starting the game i wanted to try all 3D stuff in the game was just a black screen and i find out that to apply changes i had to reboot my computer. So I did and had this issue for 2 days now.

I’m trying to find solutions on internet but don’t really find else than people giving up.

For now the only thing I can do is booting in recovery mode as root.
I’m absolute garbage at drivers/hardware so i don’t wanna mess up my computer more than i did so I’m counting on anyone that can help me.
If needed I can provide all informations on my computer and hardware.

Thanks really much by advance to anyone who will read until there and try to help me.

edit : here is my nvidia-bug-report.log : https://raw.githubusercontent.com/marwank270/nvidia-bug-report/main/nvidia-bug-report.log

• Parrot version in use: Parrot OS 5.1 (Electro Ara) x86_64
  • Kernel version: 5.18.0-14parrot1-amd64
  • Shell: bash 5.1.4
  • Terminal: /dev/tty (in recovery mode)
  • CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1241 v3
  • GPU: NVIDIA Quadro K2200
1 Like

If you try without the GUI with ctrl + alt + f2 can you login ?

1 Like

yes but i gived up after 2 days i backed up my files and did a fresh install since nobody on the nvidia forum was able to find exactly what messed up my install and i don’t know how to close this

1 Like

If you are using Mate, maybe you have to disable Mate’s macro

1 Like

I suspect something in the client libs/glvnd might be broken (libGL.so/libOpenGL.so). Otherwise, the nvidia driver would have been mentioned in the segfault backtrace.

1 Like

Has anyone managed to fix this? I recently ran into issues with this. Randomly one day my systems resolution would not go past 1024x768 and I realized something happened to the nvidia drivers. I tried to uninstall and reinstall them and eventually had to reinstall parrot. Every time I have reinstalled parrot and installed the nvidia drivers, I cannot get past the login screen. I have tried Parrot-Home, Security and Architect and they all result in the same issue.

Did you ever try to read the comments in first place?

Your solution with Mate did not fix my problem, the other responses are eluding to a possibly broken client. The last comment was back in August, why is there an issue with asking again almost 2 months later when the issue persists?

I had a similiar issue today. You might want to try the workaround I posted in another
thread
:

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.