SURFACE PRO 6 boot from USB drive

Hi am have a surface pro 6 and I installed the default parrot os on my usb stick, and it works with my other laptop (Asus rog strix g15). However, I can’t seem to get it to work on the SP6 I know you have to hold down the volume button and I also changed these settings in the UEFI Firmware part in the advanced settings (I made usb the top in the configure order and i turned off secure boot, is there something I am missing?

Be sure to save the boot priority immediately before rebooting. On certain brands the boot priority is only saved for that particular reboot.

Can you mount the usb stick and view the file/dir contents on another operating system to check for corruption?

If not, there may be a problem with your copy and you may need to reflash the image to the usb stick.

Hi,
I have the boot priority saved, and I use the stick on my other computer everyday. Any other recommendation?

Thank you for replying btw

1 Like

Many Surface Pro users share your issue.

I don’t have any personal experience with Surface Pro. Maybe someone else can chime in.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.