TEMPORARILY CHANGE os_release (lbs_release)

I need to install cloudpanel which is compatible with debian bullseye and even though I change the

/etc/os_release
file

The command
lsb_release -a

It keeps detecting me… Description: Parrot GNU/Linux 11-updates (n/a)
And therefore it does not allow me to install cloudpanel (ERROR: Only Debian bullseye is compatible)

In the

/etc/os_release
file
no DESCRIPTION setting appears:
therefore I added it to see if it could detect it as debian bullseye but it continues to detect: Parrot GNU/Linux 11-updates (n/a)

Where else has the system description that I can switch to debian bullseye temporarily to install cloudpanel and then return it to its original configuration?

PS: My English is not good

You only need to install its dependencies, and then use curl to install it;

Instead of just running the shell script ‘as is’, which fails because of the Debian dependency checker, download it and change it to suit your Parrot OS.

I wanted to try it automatically with the script but I’m going to have to do it manually as you mention.
I know there are many similar options but for some reason I would like to do some tests with this one.

I can see that the cloudpanel software is designed to install several server components for you, so you could write your own script to download and install the same items if you wanted a simple install solution.
The only thing extra cloudpanel does which may have been seen as an advantage (for a beginner at least), is it gives you a PHP webpage to configure the stack easily from a web browser. (similar to how WAMP is set up on a windows box)

All web config settings for web servers, databases etc are simple text files, and most text editors can recognise them and will use syntax highlighting etc to make setting them up fairly trivial.

This is a ‘how to’ to create a LAMP stack, I appreciate you may want nginx not apache, so change the componenets to suit, but it does list a few other dependencies you will need as well;

Actually I did it for that reason, for the graphical interface as when you use any cloud service or commercial hosting. The lamp configuration has long been used manually, or dockers when required. But I’m doing all this locally and I liked the idea of having the graphical interface to add any service quickly. I only test interesting things that I find.

By the way, I do not know if it is necessary to open another topic or can you answer me why these services are started at the boot of the parrot system and are always active:

3389/tcp open ms-wbt-server
5432/TCP open PostgreSQL

and it seems that PostgreSQL has persistence because I have to force stop.

Many pentesting tools use a database to store their result, metasploit for example keeps an SQL database of scan results as it goes, enabling quick access and config for local exploits and creating remote shellcode etc.

3389 is the RDP port, you’d typically use this port to ‘talk’ to Windows hosts, or use it when trying Windows Domain exploit tools, or cache poisoning attacks.

Sure but they are supposed to start when in use with some tool and not from boot. That’s why it seemed strange to me. But I had some problems installing VIRTUALMIN and now I’m Reinstalling parrot again. So as soon as I finish installing, I’ll see if you already have those services active from the beginning.