Terminal via Dolphin has no SU perms (?)

Briefly describe your issue below:
For some reason terminals opened with Dolphin cannot access sudo or su, instead getting the following:

“bash: /usr/bin/sudo: Permission denied”

It also seems like Dolphin itself cannot use root at all, even when installing addons (eg it prompts for a password then just errors out)

Running ‘id’ in a normal terminal and running it in a Dolphin-started terminal shows that the Dolphin terminal doesn’t seem to show any of the groups the user is part of… What’s going on? Is the something to do with sandboxing (isn’t that disabled by default?) I’ve been looking online and I dunno if maybe I’m just not searching the right stuff but I’m completely lost on what’s going on or how to fix it. Never had this issue on Kali with KDE/Dolphin so I’m assuming its something with Parrot.

I’m probably just too tired and stupid to figure out what the deal is, and if it’s something ridiculously simple or common knowledge feel free to shame me.
I just dunno :frowning:

What version of Parrot are you running? (include version (e.g. 4.6), edition(e.g. Home//KDE/OVA, etc.), and architecture (currently we only support amd64)
Linux parrot 5.2.0-2parrot1-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 5.2.9-2parrot1 (2019-08-25) x86_64 GNU/Linux

KDE edition.

What method did you use to install Parrot? (Debian Standard / Debian GTK / parrot-experimental)
Debian Standard

Configured to multiboot with other systems? (yes / no)
No

If there are any similar issues or solutions, link to them below:

If there are any error messages or relevant logs, post them below:

It was opened as dolphin child process and it was blocked by firejail (blocked su permission) imo.

Yeah figured that out right after posting. I didn’t know Dolphin was running in Firejail by default.

This topic was automatically closed 60 minutes after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.