Unable to shutdown

Briefly describe your issue below:
Am not able to shutdown. Nor I am able to power off my laptop. After installing parrot os , I dont know what happened. I just shut down parrot and suddenly error loops came like watchdog : bug : softlockupb- cpu#4 for 22s!. What the hell this is, I am fed up of this behaviour​:dizzy_face::dizzy_face:

What version of Parrot are you running?
Parrot 4.6

**What method did you use to install Parrot?
USB dual booting

Configured to multiboot with other systems? (yes / no)
yes

Lemme give you a link where, I 've got the errors

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-12pDn8CSxp_U0drPDJXNIbhGyPmgJIF/view?usp=drivesdk

Try holding down both the ALT and the PrtScn keys, then with them held down press the following keys in order:

REISUO

If you rather reboot instead of power off, swap O for B.

Open terminal

sudo shutdown -h now

Any time you want to shutdown.

A ‘soft lockup’ is defined as a bug that causes the kernel to loop in kernel mode for more than 20 seconds, without giving other tasks a chance to run.
The watchdog daemon will send an non maskable interrupt (NMI) to all CPUs in the system who in turn print the stack traces of their currently running tasks.
So off the top of my head…maybe boot with noapci…just a thought. The root cause could be as simple as a weakened power supply or laptop battery.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.