Unable to use internet,but wifi connected pls help 😢

hi pls i’m unable to use internet but wifi is connected, i can only use internet if i start anonsurf, but it is very slow😢 how can i use the internet without having to start anonsurf

running version 5.16.02 amd 64

Welcome to the forums, before we can give any help, please give us more information,
have you installed parrot direct to your hard drive or in a VM
is your WI_FI built in or a USB dongle
I don’t use Aronsurf myself, but many do, and they may be able to help once we know what sort of installation.

If you are using a VM and a built-in wifi, then you cannot directly access the wi-fi from the VM, only via the bridge to the host OS. you will need a seperate USB wi-fi dongle

This probably has to do with Anonsurf removing(?) the dns file, a problem reported in this forum a number of times. I think the solution is

sudo systemctl restart NetworkManager.service
1 Like

**While checking for solutions on youtube. I found that says edit the resolv.conf file adding
nameserver 8.8.8.8

Then when i checked my resolv.conf file it says the file doesnt exist so i restart the machine and checked again but the file was empty

I then install resolv.conf
As
sudo apt-get install resolv.conf
Then i added the nameserver 8.8.8.8
And
I ran

sudo NetworkManager restart

And it worked **

1 Like

it is a problem with your dns try systemctl enable systemd-resolved.service and reboot it should work

check how you have the firewall configuration, something similar happened to me a few days ago when I unconfigured the firewall and it gave me a dns error…