[Verified Issue] checksum mismatch

Hi there, just writing to advise that I have a checksum mismatch on the Security edition I dowloaded today.

Please advise if this checksum is recongnized. If not, is it also encountered when downloading on anyone else’s machine?

md5sum -b Parrot-security-6.0_amd64.iso
176c2a3d94b6cb2a568769c25b0d8122 *Parrot-security-6.0_amd64.iso

many thanks

I have same issue. I just tried download multiple iso files and tested multiple hash algorithms, but none seem to match the ones provided by download page. I’m getting this same 176c2… from MD5 of that same file.

Same issue getting the same checksum 176c2… using md5 re downloaded a few times and same issue

same here. waiting for a fix

when will this issue be fixed?

One of the devs was on holiday and came back today. He said he’d start working on the issues, or at least contact the other devs to make them aware of the issues.

cool and thanks!

I also have the same issue… checksum mismatch … not the same

We have regenerated them and you will see them updated correctly shortly!

thanks a lot for addressing this

use 5.3 till its fixed, its still messed up

How can I find older versions? is there an archive for that?

Most versions since Parrot 4.6 to 6.0 are here: https://deb.parrot.sh/parrot/iso/

thanks a lot

hi, I noticed that an update on the hashes from the website but the actual value still seems to be mismatched, not sure why.

are you guys using the whole image file to generate the hash or just particular chunk of the file?

The two download options through the website and from torrent has the same version but are different sizes, is this file compromised?

From torrent,

• File size 5,160,960KB
    176C2A3D94B6CB2A568769C25B0D8122

From direct download

• File size 5,371,380KB
    DD39FF322B5C784E42982F2D1FA60DC6