Weird frame after windows minimization

Hi guys, I have this problem lots of time and it’s annoying. I cannot fix it myself I have no idea what is wrong. Maybe you guys will help me. Every time I minimalize something the black shadow of the frame remains. Please take a look here. Pasteboard gif

that is very strange!

Tell us more. Did this happen after an update? Did it occur after using any new scripts/software? Did it happen upon first install?

What kind of graphics card do you have?

Anything strange in your logs related to display/Xorg?

1 Like

If you are using laptop, it is possibly you are having graphic driver problem. Can you please disable any animation effect and try again? And you should check error log too.

2 Likes

This happen since I installed my parrot, I am not professional in linux and I cannot fix that myself, but I think the problem is with graphic driver.

“neofetch” command say me that I use this two graphic cards.
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce MX150
GPU: Intel UHD Graphics 620

How to disable animation effect and check Xorg logs?

Animation is “compositing” To disable it, navigate to Look and Feel > Windows > General in the System Preferences and tick the box alongside Enable software compositing window manager . Xorg logs are located at /var/log/Xorg.0.log…

1 Like

I disabled Animation but still without effects.
Here is my Xorg.0.log

https://privatebin.net/?08bf0c9666144acb#5vnyVWiLZJxTbXAtr2koUNsGK6FscuLU3Bdoc6tveEKP

Thanks.

I had another problem -screen tearing when playing videos an browsing the web. It comes with new kernel 5.3.I solved this issue by changing window manager from default to COMPTON (it’s already in Parrot repository). After installing, change it in
Mate Tweak–Windows–Window Manager.
I don’t know if it would work for you, but I have 0 problems since I switched to Compton.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.