Wi-Fi adapter disabled only in laptop

When i live boot to the os in my laptop is says my external Wi-Fi adapter is disabled, when i checked the rfkill list it shows that HARD block is on (tried to unblock it but never worked). I have this problem only in my laptop, while in my Desktop with the same external Wi-Fi adapter it seems to have no problem and works fine. The Wi-Fi adapter used to work in the early versions of OS in my laptop. But now it disabled in my laptop, but in the case of Desktop everything works fine.

• Version
    5.0.1 Electro Ara

Welcome, so you are suffering a hard block on your laptop! to attempt to give you some guidance, It would help if you quote the full make model and full model number when you have a hardware problem.
Please supply the information and I will do some investigation.

Laptop: Dell Latitude 3460
Wi-Fi Adapter: Ralink Technology, Corp. MT7601U Wireless Adapter

Thank you for that,
If you have installed Parrot direct to your Hard-drive then,A hard block usually means that flight mode is locked on, to switch it off on most Dells you either have a manual switch [Usually somewhere near the front left speaker] or a key combination [usually FN+F2],

If you have installed Parrot to a VM it would normally mean you haven’t set the USB protocols in the VM correctly to recognise the USB,

Railink wi-fi products can be a pain to find and install the correct drivers without knowing the chipset [which they dont usualy publish]

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.