Wi-fi, Wired Net + Terminal Help!

Briefly describe your issue below:

I am a complete noob and installed the parrot version that was available in mid-May 2019 (I dont currently have it to hand), on my HP Laptop 14-dg0521na, via USB. I installed it so that it is my main Operating system. I now do not rely on the USB boot as it’s completely installed. I have three issues:

1. At first, the Network Manager appeared to be installed but no wi-fi was detected. I tried to fix it by uninstalling the network manager but I could not install a new network manager. Now I have no network manager and no way or even trying to connect to wi-fi. I also connected my ethernet cable and no internet was connected. I then somehow lost the eth0 function and now cannot connect to any ethernet at all. All I want is to be able to connect to the internet wirelessly and via wire and use the web anonymously

2. I am having problems with installing and updating packages as terminal keeps asking me for password (I think like a master password or root password) but it isnt the same as my password on boot or my user password. Of course without internet connection anyway I cannot download and update any packages.

3. Libre office keeps crashing after I open and close it several times in one session

What version of Parrot are you running? (include version (e.g. 4.6), edition(e.g. Home//KDE/OVA, etc.), and architecture (currently we only support amd64) The latest one that was available in mid-May 2019

What method did you use to install Parrot? (Debian Standard / Debian GTK / parrot-experimental) I used USB. I am a noob and am not too familiar with technical words.

Configured to multiboot with other systems? (yes / no)
No. I think my new laptop which I got brand new from currys in may 2019 has now been set only to boot from Linux

If there are any similar issues or solutions, link to them below:
n/a
If there are any error messages or relevant logs, post them below:

There are pics I can take and may have to do later. If anyone can help, please do as soon as you can - thank you

first of all you need network in order to do an update or install anything. so to help on the update and installation you need to make sure that the apt manager is configured approriately as follows, am gonna past a document I have found from https://docs.parrot.sh/mirror-list/

Configuration and custom setup

The APT package manager uses /etc/apt/sources.list and any .list file found in the /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ directory.

NOTE:

/etc/apt/sources.list is EMPTY

and the default APT configuration is located at /etc/apt/sources.list.d/parrot.list.

Content of /etc/apt/sources.list.d/parrot.list:

deb https://deb.parrotsec.org/parrot stable main contrib non-free
    #deb-src https://deb.parrotsec.org/parrot stable main contrib non-free

in order to do updates you need to use -sudo apt update- then input the password of the user account you are using wihtout the hyphens definately.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.