WiFi "Device not managed / not ready"

Briefly describe your issue below:

Fresh intallation of Parrot Home Edition.
1 command entered “sudo parrot-upgrade” => … waiting for update… => reboot system => After reboot when I’m looking on Network manager in the top it says

WiFi Networks:

“Device not managed”
and then next second
“Device not ready”
then goes back to
“Device not managed” etc …

What i’ve tried already:

  1. sudo service wicd stop and then sudo service network-manager restart - no effect wicd not istalled i asume
  2. sudo nano /etc/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.conf



Changed here “managed=true” from “managed=false”

then sudo systemctl restart network-manager.service and zero effect…

then reboot my pc = 0 effect…

  1. iwconfig within 2 second gave me 2 different result:

└──╼ $iwconfig
eth0 no wireless extensions.

lo no wireless extensions.

eth1 no wireless extensions.

└──╼ $iwconfig
eth0 no wireless extensions.

lo no wireless extensions.

eth1 no wireless extensions.

wlan0 No such device

4.kernel after update become 5.2.xxx something… and yes before “sudo parrot-upgrade” i had wifi and everything worked perfectly…

  1. Then i went to /lib/firmware/ to check if there is a firmware that needed for my adapter and it’s there… but i’m not really good at kernel configurations… info from intel website " Intel® Wireless-AC 9560 kernel = 4.14+ firmware: [iwlwifi-9000-pu-b0-jf-b0-34.618819.0.tgz]"

  2. I did `sudo apt-get autoremove’ I don’t know how can this take any effect… but that was an advice on one forum…

I spend all day trying to fix this … I gave up… any suggestions?

What version of Parrot are you running? (include version (e.g. 4.6), edition(e.g. Home//KDE/OVA, etc.), and architecture (currently we only support amd64)
4.6 Home, the same issue was on “Security edition”
What method did you use to install Parrot? (Debian Standard / Debian GTK / parrot-experimental)
Etcher => Debian GTK
Configured to multiboot with other systems? (yes / no)
List your networking hardware (make, model, firmware version):

The third (3rd) interface here is internet from iPhone… connected via cable…

sudo lshw -class network
*-network DISABLED
description: Ethernet interface
product: Wireless-AC 9560 [Jefferson Peak]
vendor: Intel Corporation
physical id: 14.3
bus info: pci@0000:00:14.3
logical name: wlan0
version: 10
serial: 5a:80:95:43:91:e4
width: 64 bits
clock: 33MHz
capabilities: pm msi pciexpress msix bus_master cap_list ethernet physical
configuration: broadcast=yes latency=0 multicast=yes
resources: memory:a541c000-a541ffff
description: Ethernet interface
product: RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller
vendor: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd.
physical id: 0
bus info: pci@0000:03:00.0
logical name: eth0
version: 15
serial: 04:92:22:18:10:0a
capacity: 1Gbit/s
width: 64 bits
clock: 33MHz
capabilities: pm msi pciexpress msix bus_master cap_list ethernet physical tp mii 10bt 10bt-fd 100bt 100bt-fd 1000bt-fd autonegotiation
configuration: autonegotiation=on broadcast=yes driver=r8169 firmware=rtl8168h-2_0.0.2 02/26/15 latency=0 link=no multicast=yes port=MII
resources: irq:18 ioport:3000(size=256) memory:a5204000-a5204fff memory:a5200000-a5203fff
description: Ethernet interface
physical id: 1
bus info: usb@1:3
logical name: eth1
serial: e2:5f:45:72:a4:23
capabilities: ethernet physical
configuration: broadcast=yes driver=ipheth ip=17x.20.1x.x link=yes multicast=yes

If there are any similar issues or solutions, link to them below:
I’ve tried to find similar problems on anothe linux distributives, but no solutions worked for me…

If there are any error messages or relevant logs, post them below:

After posting this problem i finally found a solution. It took me whole day to fix it. All I had to do was to reinstall the firmware and remove the previous one. Hope it will help to you guys. Should work on all Asus Rog gl502, gl504 devices…

  1. Root access: “sudo su”
  2. Removing old firmware: “rm -f /lib/firmware/iwlwifi-9000*”
  3. Downloading and installing new one: “wget https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/_media/en/users/drivers/iwlwifi-9000-pu-b0-jf-b0-34.618819.0.tgz; tar -xvzf iwlwifi-9000-pu-b0-jf-b0-34.618819.0.tgz; cp iwlwifi-9000-pu-b0-jf-b0-34.618819.0/iwlwifi-9000-pu-b0-jf-b0-34.ucode /lib/firmware/”
  4. Then: “echo “options iwlwifi 11n_disable=8” >> /etc/modprobe.d/iwlwifi.conf”
  5. Assign the code to REGDOMAIN in the file /etc/default/crda (intl. codes - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_3166-1_alpha-2) In my case it was RU.
  6. reboot

And finally it worked for me… Hope it will help you guys.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 minutes after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.