Hi!
I am using the latest current version of Parrot OS Home Edition:

Version
5.0.1 Electro Ara

Release Date
May 04, 2022

architecture
amd64

I installed it on a notebook, the option to connect to wifi does not appear, it seems to be disabled, my notebook does not have a wired network port, only wifi and bluetooth, I tried to connect to the internet via bluetooth but it also gives an error, it says that it was able to connect to the device but failed to access the internet.

I tried to change the /etc/resolv.conf file by putting a DNS address, but it won’t let me save the file, it says resolv.conf doesn’t exist.

My notebook:

notebook multilaser legacy

What can I do??

Welcome to the forums,
first thing to check is for a hard block, all portables have a wireless switch, this may be a dedicated ket or a combination of keys, to switch the wifi on/off, [sometimes called flight mode] make sure it is switched on.
the next is an engineer’s trick, it may or may not work, and that is to force a BIOS re-boot when switched on, save all work then press and hold the power switch down for 60 seconds, then switch on,

if both of these fail, it could be a driver problem, run inxi -Nn and paste the results back so we can have a look.

1 Like

try right-clicking the wifi indicator, the checkbox to “enable wifi” might be unchecked.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.