Wifi Problems/Connection drops after 5 Minutes

Briefly describe your issue below:

Hello Community. Im new to Parrot Os. Ive made some experiences with other linux Distros like Ubuntu but nevertheless Im a newby and now I need Help.
Ive installed Parrot on my Laptop and tried to connect to the internet via wifi. it works, but only for 5 minutes. then the wifi connection is still there, but i cannot connect to the internet. Im able to visit websites, doing upgrades, downlod, updload, but everytime after 5 minutes, it kicks me off and leaves me alone only with a wifi connection without internet. I stopped the time. This is the case with my onboard wifi adapter. I have an usb-adapter too. This device was able to connect shortly after the new installation of the Os, so i could make any updates and upgrades. But after reboot, the device isnt able to connect at all. Not only there is no internet connection… The Usb device doenst connect to the wifi as well. Im stucked and desperate, cause it seems to bee so out of rules. I checked the energy settings, but they’re all off, so the 5 minutes couldnt be relied to that. Is there anybody with a similar problem or a solution?

Onboard Wifi: Qualcom Atheros AR9485
USB Wifi: Netgear WNA3100M

What version of Parrot are you running?
Parrot 4.8 64-bit

What method did you use to install Parrot?
Dont know. i installed it via live USB Stick on a partition

Configured to multiboot with other systems?
yes. Multiboot with other linux (Mint,Ubuntu,Elementary OS) distros and Windows 10 + unsing the refind boot manager

If there are any similar issues or solutions, link to them below:

Searched the Web and didnt find anything related

If there are any error messages or relevant logs, post them below:

When I try to connect with the usb-adapter dmesg gives me

aborting authentication with xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx by local choice (Reason: 3=DEAUTH_LEAVING)
But I fount out, thet this message is also printed, when I disconnect a connection by myself, so its not very helpful.

When connectin through the Onboard Adapter, dmsg
says:
[ 3094.791937] wlan0: authenticate with xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
[ 3094.807706] wlan0: send auth to xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx (try 1/3)
[ 3094.809946] wlan0: authenticated
[ 3094.810843] wlan0: associating with AP with corrupt probe response
[ 3094.813387] wlan0: associate with xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx(try 1/3)
[ 3094.851611] wlan0: RX AssocResp from xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx(capab=0x1411 status=0 aid=1)
[ 3094.851782] wlan0: associated
[ 3094.852055] IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE): wlan0: link becomes ready
[ 3094.905418] wlan0: Limiting TX power to 20 (20 - 0) dBm as advertised by xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx

While this is shown, Internet works fine

Then it prints:
[ 3319.200431] rtl8192cu: MAC auto ON okay!
[ 3319.211239] rtl8192cu: Tx queue select: 0x05

And after that, 1,5 minutes later, the Internet is history.

Sorry for my bad english. I hope my text is understandable :smiley:
Im Thankful for every advice

Welcome to the ParrotOS Community :hugs:
maybe this might help you
Atheros 802.11n PCI/PCI-E devices (ath9k)

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.