Wireless connection

Hello people. I very much love the version 4.10 of Parrot.

I read the community guidelines and have absolutely no idea where to post this but I have to because I read websites, articles and went on Youtube because I did not see the solution to my issue. Sorry to post in the wrong place but…

After the installation, I realised that I cannot connect to a wifi if not by the cable. And I honestly cannot transport a cable everytime I go out. How do I fix it?

Here are additional informations:
I have Parrot 4.10 Mate Desktop(Security). I have installed it from a pendrive (USB). I installed it on a hp windows laptop 64 bit. Parrot is the only thing on my partition (Not dual booted with Windows).

Please help a student out here lol.

PS: The only thing I did with the terminal was updating the system as soon as I installed it. So I am sure I did not break my system. Thank you!!

Please do help me. It is killing me.

1 Like

This post needs more information to become answerable. What wifi card/chip? What methods have you tried (commands and errors/logs)? What do you mean you cannot connect to wifi except by cable (do you mean ethernet)?

1 Like

I think i have the same problem, no wifi but ethernet works well. I tried the commands for installing wireless drivers:
-sudo apt-get update
-sudo apt install git build-essential dkms
-git clone -b extended https://github.com/lwfinger/rtlwifi_new.git
and what i see next is
-remote: Repository not found.
-fatal: repository ‘https://github.com/lwfinger/rtlwifi_new.git/’ not found
I’m just one day old on the os. Please help us

start with replying with output from:

inxi -N

To show us current network cards/driver. If the driver is already installed (many are detected automatically by Parrot), you can setup your network connection. Otherwise be sure to get the one needed by your kernel version.

1 Like

Device-1: Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet
driver: r8169
Device-2: Realtek RTL8723DE 802.11b/g/n PCIe Adapter driver: N/A

i guess they are installed already

Looks like your ethernet driver is installed.

For Kernel 5+ rtl8723de try:

Make sure to first install kernel headers for your kernel version.

1 Like

It worked now. Thank you so much @RightToPrivacy

1 Like