Zram integration options at install

Hello all,

Along with learning more about ParrotOS and Linux as anew user,Ive also taken the time to learn more some the internals of computing and system building.
in doing so,i’ve been experimenting with several thing,Zram and Zswap being among them,and personally,i can definitely see how it could be beneficial,especially for low spec devices,such as the one that i am using…
hp14-ac159nr|
Intel® Celeron® N3050 Processor (1.6GHz with Turbo Boost Technology up to 2.16GHz) Dual Core|
2GB DDR3L SDRAM (1 DIMM)

as the OS grows in size,it would appear that low spec devices naturally will become less capable of installing the OS.it’s my belief,that a light version of Parrot Home MATE ISO,with Zram,Zswap integration options at install could possibly still allow those devices access with really good performance…

here are some links to read over if anyone is interested…
within one of these links you’ll find a script that can be installed from the terminal,which really simplifies a lot,but obviously i would suggest getting familiar with things like swapiness and cache pressure before just running it…

it’s just a thought,but i’ll say,it really makes all of the difference in the world when it comes to performance and responsiveness…

https://www.thegeekdiary.com/centos-rhel-how-to-prioritize-the-devices-used-for-swap-partition/

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.