A *secret* project for *AFTER* 4.10

who told you that is gnome?

no one,i’m merely asking as someone who is interested in learning more about how the os and linux operates.
as someone who typically has a bit more knowledge of android,i’m still familiarizing myself with not only the platform,and it’s terminology,but also the users of linux…

most are familiar with android launchers,but most are also familiar with themes and adding icons on android,so i phrase the question in that manner,because thats what i’m familiar with.

i’m basically just curious if things like gnome operate like launchers on the andriod platform,where you would still have something like an aosp that cant be themed…

if so,and as someone who knows a bit about graphic design and editing,i enjoy learning how to theme and build something or simply customize,which i believe is within the spirit of most linux users…

well from what i have learnt, aosp, havoc, lineage, or any brand’s OS (they say) like OneUI,MIUI,ColorOS, they are just different User Interfaces like our Desktop Environments. They can’t be called a OS. Xiaomi doesn’t called its MIUI a OS, its MI User Interface.

Well seeing the themes, what i can say is that at first we design an interface we like and code accordingly, maybe I am wrong.

1 Like

i agree…
the way i understand it,aosp,as the open source os, is pretty much at the base of the majority of them.
things like sense for htc,or samsungs one ui,imo,are just glorified themed and branded launchers or user interfaces.

1 Like

Gnome has modern look which is good but it is heavy shit. hardware killer

4 Likes

If a modern look is something desired,would adding something like latte dock or something similar be feasible?
it does appear to be a bit heavy,so that could be an issue,and of course you can add those things yourself,and of course it would come down to preference,because some prefer the stock panel style currently available,but,it seems it would accomplish the modern look desired,while adding a bit more functionality…

Hello people. I very much love the version 4.10 of Parrot.

I read the community guidelines and have absolutely no idea where to post this but I have to because I read websites, articles and went on Youtube because I did not see the solution to my issue. Sorry to post in the wrong place but…

After the installation, I realised that I cannot connect to a wifi if not by the cable. And I honestly cannot transport a cable everytime I go out. How do I fix it?

Here are additional informations:
I have Parrot 4.10 Mate Desktop(Security). I have installed it from a pendrive (USB). I installed it on a hp windows laptop 64 bit. Parrot is the only thing on my partition (Not dual booted with Windows).

Please help a student out here lol.

PS: The only thing I did with the terminal was updating the system as soon as I installed it. So I am sure I did not break my system. Thank you!!

you can open a new post and post your problems
but for the moment
have you tried restarting network-manager?
sudo systemctl restart NetworkManager.service
check if it works
other than that we can re-install wifi drivers