After Fail to Configure Package Manager

Briefly describe your issue below:
I’m just getting back into linux and installed Parrot Security. During the installation, there was an error that it failed to configure the package manager. For the time being I skipped that part of the install and intended to configure it after the install finished.

Now what I’m left with is the previous post with the same issue, although when I run sudo parrot-upgrade, it asks for the live cd to be inserted. Not quite sure what to do about it to upgrade parrot since I did the install from a USB stick. What can I do to fix/configure the package manager I skipped doing during installation?

What version of Parrot are you running? (include version (e.g. 4.6), edition(e.g. Home//KDE/OVA, etc.), and architecture (currently we only support amd64)
Parrot Security 4.6

What method did you use to install Parrot? (Debian Standard / Debian GTK / parrot-experimental)
Debian GTK

Configured to multiboot with other systems? (yes / no)
Yes, No windows 10 in grub menu though.

If there are any similar issues or solutions, link to them below:

If there are any error messages or relevant logs, post them below:

Hi @skul,

Parrot recommends using Etcher to create the installation media. I’ve had some issues installing Parrot using dd to creat the installation media in the past.

Also, please use UEFI boot/install as you already have W10 installed.

Hi. Show the output of ls /etc/apt.d/sources.list. Probably it has a CD-ROM line or smthng, if you comment it with #, everything should work fine.

Hi @bigtasty ,

I’ll do a reinstall of it through a USB flashed with Etcher

With regards to UEFI boot and install, I haven’t found anything with it on Parrot’s documentation. Could you help direct me to it? I’ll keep digging then attempt a reinstallation.

hi Joseph,

i am facing the same problem, i cannot find the solution of it either but about the UEFI i think you should try this link: https://www.linux.com/learn/how-install-linux-windows-machine-uefi-secure-boot

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.