AnonSurf fails after 6.5 update

Banging my head against a wall here.

One of the things that I actually really liked ParrotSec for over Kali was the ability to set your system to route traffic through Tor using “AnonSurf”. When I installed ParrotOS6.0, upon initial installation, the service worked just fine. However, upon running system update and upgrade, Tor suddenly stops working and I get the error: “Failed to execute “service”: Command “service” cannot be found. Please report this bug to “[email protected]”.”

Initially when it first did it, I had originally installed Parrot 5.3 and updated/Upgraded all the way back up to the newest version. So I figured there had to have been a file corruption issue during install or something of that nature. So I downloaded 6.0 and using rufus, flashed it to a fresh drive. Installed 6.0 directly. Anon-Surf works great. Ran update and upgrade, and upon completion, got the same errors I listed above again. What gives?

Thanks for any help.

i have the same issue. i performed a fresh install of 6.0 and i get the same error from “anonsurf-gtk” gui or “anonsurf start” command line.

Chassis: laptop
Operating System: Parrot Security 6.0 (lorikeet)
Kernel: Linux 6.5.0-13parrot1-amd64
Architecture: x86-64
#--------------------------

appreciate the help…

edit1: 03.20.24 ::
this thread mentions this issue was fixed though issue remains for me…
Problems with the anonsurf.service file

@Jqdz1q5

after new installation;
1st step;
sudo apt update && sudo parrot-upgrade
2nd step;
sudo apt full-upgrade -t lory-backports
Step 3;
sudo apt autoclean && sudo apt autoremove
Step 4;
sudo apt install resolvconf
5:step;
sudo resolvconf -u
step 6;
reboot
After reboot, activate Anonsurf ! not before !

Cheers . . .

@CrackMap

will give this a try in an hour or so. thanks!!

@CrackMap

during “apt full-upgrade -t lory-backports” a dialog box displays regarding which drive to install grub-install. my one and only drive on this machine is, /dev/sda, is encrypted. do i tick both install devices? if not, which one of the listed below? tia,

GRUB install devices:

/dev/sda (1000204 MB; ssd drive)
/dev/dm-0 (1000199 MB; luks “id” )