Getting installation error

I installed the os what while booting it is throwing an error unknown chipset and then not working. what can i do in this case?

which version of parrot os?

Hey there! We’d love to help but we need more information. Please fill out the support form in accordance with our support guidelines so we can better assist you.

parrot-kde-security-4.6_amd64.
and my laptop is asus tuf fx505dt

try to install the latest parrot 4.7
https://cdimage.parrotsec.org/parrot/iso/4.7/

now its installed but wifi is not visible at all. :frowning:

run in terminal
lshw -class network
and post result here

i am getting command not found error

lspci | egrep -i --color 'network|ethernet'

02:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 15)
04:00.0 Network controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8822BE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac WiFi adapter

Hey sir can you plese tell me that how much time will it take to fix this issue?
Because withoust wifi i am not able to work.

well parrot has problems witch this adapter. its becaue of the new kernel.
you must install from here https://github.com/lwfinger/rtlwifi_new
a manual is over there.

depending on your linux knowledge its a matter of minutes or days :wink:

:frowning: minute will be much better. otherwise i have to install some other distro.

options <<YOUR WIRELESS DRIVER CODE>> <<driver_option_name>>=<value>

what should i put in value, driver_option_name and wireless_driver_code feilds?

hy i am not able to solve taht problem can you help me with that

driver_option_name and value pair should not be necessary. your RTL8822BE is going to be fine without any special configuration by this driver fix. just clone it, descend into the directory then ‘make’ and ‘sudo make install’ . then remove the existing kernel module with ‘sudo modprobe -r RTL8822BE’ then install the one you just built with ‘sudo modprobe RTL8822BE’

Didn’t worked . when is used that command ‘sudo modprobe -r RTL8822BE’ i got a module not found error.

Use lsmod to find the real name for the module, if the mod isn’t loaded or you don’t see anything that looks vaguely like rtl8822be (ex. 8822be) then there is nothing to remove.