Install Anonsurf Ubuntu

Inquiring if possible to install anonsurf on Ubuntu and other Linux platforms.
sudo apt install anonsurf cant find packages on other os. Unsure if github has updated anonsurf 4.0.
Thank you

• Logs/Terminal output (use pastebin or similar services):

• Screenshots:

Technically Yes. But anonsurf as a deb package requires Parrot-menu. If you want to use on ubuntu, you have to compile the binary.

Much appreciation for someone to show how to do this [compile anonsurf binary ] for install on ubuntu. Thank you

Suggestions welcomed. Anyone have an idea how to compile this binary?

Use proxy chains on Ubuntu, does the same thing, route your connection through other nodes…

1 Like

make build

Clone the Anonsurf repository from GitHub:
$: git clone GitHub - moonchitta/anonsurf-ubuntu: Parrot OS annonsurf ported to ubuntu
Navigate to the downloaded folder “anonsurf-ubuntu” and give the installer execute permissions:
$: cd anonsurf-ubuntu
chmod +x installer.sh
Run the installer to add keys, update, and install Anonsurf:
$: ./installer.sh
After the installation, you can use the following commands to control Anonsurf:

• start: starts the anon mode
  • stop: finishes the anon session
  • restart: combines “stop” and “start” options
  • start-bridge: starts system-wide Tor tunnel with Obfs4 bridge support
  • changeid: restarts Tor to change identity
  • enable-boot: enables Anonsurf at boot
  • disable-boot: disables Anonsurf at boot

If you use a decent VPN that bridges ipv4, no need for bridge support.
as a note do it at own risk, that repo is not been audited since a while and has 2 issues…
Also, to not be blunt, I’d in your place rather use Whonix then for your Ubuntu, as you want to use Debian Fork OS made type of Torrifying system… And no, using Parrot on Whonix is in my opinion a bad idea. Just use the appropriate Distribution for what it is aimed for.

No. Whonix has a Tor proxy as a proxy in an other VM, and Anonsurf works in local. There’s no differences in term of packet delivery. Some might say “oh it’s more secure sight it’s isolated inside a VM”. Yeah, that myth is worse than my battle against Saruman.

1 Like

Sir, Is what I said “a bad idea” Using Parrot OS with AnonSurf on Whonix is not advisable because it is redundant. Why not answer on the upgrade issue instead say No? You know we can all go elsewhere and recommend all NOT to use Parrot anymore as it has more flaws then I have fingers now, also is suspicious in timing of geo global events, don’t you think?

Also censor my activity until approval?
Skip to profile content

beatmotorpull

Sam G.

I made more then installations to result with same trouble then there were updares for 2 weeks before

Support

1 min

– Please Write here your help request, –

What are you doing? I see this upgrade even to kernel 6 is not safe and if you succeed to have Lori 6.5 is broken yet no comments on that and prior to that there were 2 weeks no updates? Strange but I lost my trust in this OS.

• Parrot version in use (if you are not aware of it, open terminal and type cat /etc/os-release | grep VERSION) :

• Kernel version (if you are not aware of it, open terminal and type uname -r) :

• Logs/Terminal output (use pastebin or similar services) :

• Screenshots:

Missing executable files after uprading to parrot 6.0

Support

2 hours

3 warnings in unix-privesc-check before and after re install new kernel and just did the upgrade to ARA with 6.1 kernel… did the sollutions for each and it seem related to this upgrade.

Support

3 hours

While leaving us very possibly vulnerable…

Support

4 hours

For a Privacy focused OS using TeleGram as main contact for this upgrade… I don’t use that crap. They should be here or NOT release any unattended upgrade without any support.

Beat me out now, I rather use another distro

@Masmer do you know what the fuck is going here?

Yeah, I came on and approved that post, and then there were a bunch of posts in the queue from him repeating everything in the post above. Patience. Sam was complaining about post moderation before his previous posts could be approved.

Really? I see a huge mess that has no valid point. And funny enough, there was a moron on twitter showed the result of unix priv check sec then cried parrot is so insecure. And that moron deleted his account, created new one to defend previous comments. I saw something similar here lmao

How would you created add an Anonsurf 4.1.1 info panel in ubuntu?
Thank you for response.

This was answered in the very first reply above…

I think it would be great if I can rewrite anonsurf in Vala. But vala is not a real programming language. It’s nice to have GUI but only that. I don’t want to bring the whole backend code into vala. There’s a technical problem that i can’t solved so the idea was delayed.