Microphone Not working in Linux

– My internal microphone not working although speakers are working well, this happened since I upgraded Parrot OS to 4.11.3 (in the previous version it was working) –

• Parrot version in use *
    VERSION_ID=“5.0”
    VERSION=“5.0 (LTS)”
    VERSION_CODENAME=bullseye
    *:

• Kernel version *
    5.14.0-9parrot1-amd64
    )*:

I am using a laptop (HP ProBook 450 G8 Notebook PC) with:
CPU: 11th Gen Intel i7-1165G7 (8) @ 4.700GHz
DE: Plasma 5.20.5
Kernel: 5.14.0-9parrot1-amd64

• Logs/Terminal output *(

pulseaudio
E: [pulseaudio] pid.c: Daemon already running.
E: [pulseaudio] main.c: pa_pid_file_create() failed.

content of /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf

options snd-hda-intel dmic_detect=0

options snd-hda-intel model=laptop-amic enable=yes

Please note I wrote this content into /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf , before it was empty and speakers were also not working I watched a youtube video to troubleshoot this but ended up with a not working microphone…

)*:

• Screenshots:

Please note that the bar below the internal microphone keeps slightly moving whether I say something or not

Also when I type pavucontrol with superuser privileges it keeps buffering to connect pulseaudio, I waited very long but still loading not showing results

MY MIC WAS ALSO WORKING ON WINDOWS 11 JUST TELLING MIC IS NOT FAULTY

PLEASE HELP ME OR TELL ME HOW TO SHOOT THE PROBLEM I AM STUCK IN THIS FOR SEVERAL DAYS

1 Like

Hello. I’ve exactly the same issue with my internal mic :

Parrot OS:

• Release 5.0 (LTS) 64-bit
  • Kernel Linux 5.14.0-9parrot1-amd64 x86_64
  • MATE 1.24.1

Hardware:

• Dell Latitude 3420
  • 11th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz × 8

I followed several solutions about this problem which said to add to /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf:

options snd-hda-intel dmic_detect=0 model=dell-vostro enable=1 index=0

and to /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf:

blacklist snd_soc_skl

Like Hashir_Siddiqui, i’ve same error when i try to start pulseaudio (even trying to kill&start, to reinstall or to follow this solution, error doesn’t change):

E: [pulseaudio] pid.c: Daemon already running.
E: [pulseaudio] main.c: pa_pid_file_create() failed.

Nothing more on pavucontrol and alsamixer, with the same infinite loading at root launch of pavucontrol.

External headset or microphone works well. The internal microphone was working before on Win10 and the Bios Diagnostic no found any audio problem.

Exactly the same issue as the post creator. I’ve been looking for days, please help us :’(

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.