Microphone not working Parrot 5.3

Hello,
I recently installed Parrot OS (dualboot). My internal microphone is not working at all. I checked it on win 11 and there it was working. Tried many methods like this one:
Microphone Not working in Linux
but nothing changed.

• Parrot version in use (if you are not aware of it, open terminal and type cat /etc/os-release | grep VERSION): Version 5.3

• Kernel version (if you are not aware of it, open terminal and type uname -r): 6.1.0-1parrot1-amd64

• Logs/Terminal output (use pastebin or similar services):

options snd-hda-intel dmic_detect=0

options snd-hda-intel model=laptop-amic enable=yes

options snd-hda-intel position_fix=2 //without this line it also wasn’t working

• Screenshots:

Hello! It’s necessary to know what’s your Microphone’s chipset. I assume that’s the driver/firmware problem because some hardware vendors don’t really give a damn about Linux. If you check sudo dmesg, it might show the missing firmware binaries. In some specific cases, it’s really hard to make it work (specific model of the device or no open-source firmware was developed)

Hello!

Thanks for your reply. It must have been driver issue. I tested mic on other distros like ubuntu. It worked there. Unfortunately i had to swap distros due to this problem (i really wanted to use it as daily), but I will give it a try as virtual machine

That’s perfectly fine. It’s better to find a good distro for a daily usage rather than stick with the beloved one but doesn’t work as expected.

I’d suggest to not use VMware. It’s a known issue that Desktop Environment has extremely poor performance under VMware since VMware 16 or 17

Ok, thank you

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.