Parrot 4.1 doesn't turn off

Briefly describe your issue below:

When I click on turn off or even if I use the terminal and type “power off” my mouse disappears and I can’t do anything anymore

What version of Parrot are you running? (include version, edition, and architecture)

Parrot 4.1 security edition 64bits

What method did you use to install Parrot? (Debian Standard / Debian GTK / parrot-experimental)

Debian standard

Configured to multiboot with other systems? (yes / no)

Yes with Windows 10 I can choose via GRUB when I power on my computer

If there are any similar issues or solutions, link to them below:

If there are any error messages or relevant logs, post them below:

i always use shutdown to tourn off the computer. Is that work for you?
(use shutdown now if you want to tirn off immediately)

Besides that, i dont know what cause the issue. Did you find any issue ?

Hi, i tried shutdown now but same issue, didn’t work for me.

any error?

No, my screen remain on what I was doing : I see the terminal and all the interface, my mouse disappears and then It just do nothing

hmm, interesting… :thinking:
I didnt find any related error, sorry :frowning:

i was in the same and that magically disappear after some update, your system is up to date?

I did : sudo sudo-get upgrade && apt-get upgrade
But same

Is it the right way to update parrot ?

Hi, I have the same issue.
I’m not sure if it is a hardware problem (I read that in other forums) of my notebook, HP Omen 15 :frowning:

Can you send me links to these forums?

Sorry, unfortunately I’ve already cleaned my browser history… but I can tell you how I fixed this issue in my notebook.

1. Install Bumblebee

Turn off your computer and go to “Advanced options for Parrot GNU/Linux” in the GRUB menu. Then select the recovery mode and install “bumblebee” using ‘apt install bumblebee’.

1. Install Nouveau

Download the full Nouveau kernel tree using the command:
‘git clone https://github.com/skeggsb/linux.git # --depth=1’

1. Start Bumblebee

According to its documentation in order to use Bumblebee you need to add your own user to bumblebee group:
‘gpasswd -a $USER bumblebee’

That process worked just fine for me. If you have further questions/problems try reading the following links:

Installing bumblebee and restarting the computer only worked for me : I saw that on other forums.
Problem fixed thank you.

maybe thats was the case for me too, because i have bumblebee installed :smiley:

I also have the same problem. before turning off parrotos everything works perfectly but when i press shutdown or turn off , the laptop hangs. it’s not hardware problem because in linux mint even shutdown is working perfectly.
please fix it soon. i love parrotOS alot. i finding very difficult to give up parrotos over linux mint.