Parrot 5.0 Call for Beta Testers - 4

Hello there! A new beta release is available, those who had issues with grub-pc and Calamares should now proceed with the installation.
If you test the iso, leave a report in the comments of this thread.
DOWNLOAD LINK HERE: Parrot 5.0 Beta 8

Here’s the template:

*-- Please Write below your test experience  --* 

---
+ Hardware information: (post output of ` inxi -MSNGAmPrdC`, if you don't have it, install it with `sudo apt install inxi`)

+ **Logs/Terminal output** *(use pastebin or similar services)***:**  

+ **Screenshots:**  
1 Like

can this now work on vmware fusion ??

Hello. Yes, try it.

parrot os It needs to make the theme more attractive and wholesale and update and improve icons because they are very old. Because aesthetics are important for users and also add xfce interface

1 Like

Hi! Everything so far appears to be working. Missing these packages: Zeal, OpenVAS (GSM), Ghidra

I switched on an additional mirror I imagine I shouldn’t?

deb https://deb.parrot.sh/parrot parrot-updates main contrib non-free

inxi -MSNGAmPrdC

I like screenshots.

Installation OK in VBOX (AMD64 Security Edition) !

It’s time to play with it and report bugs :wink:

So far there are no issues running on a Proxmox VM. Proxmox VM configured with defaults. See below:

Parrot inxi output- with anonsurf running successfully

Proxmox Config with iso version

Will report any bugs if I find them!

Installation worked on qemu. time to play.

I used Parrot OS Security in my old laptop since 4.11 version and now in Parrot OS 5 LTS. See my SS below:

What is different my Parrot OS with Parrot 5.0 Beta?
Thank You in Advance

I’m not sure about zeal, but GVM is missing (OpenVas / GreenBone). Ghidra should have version 9.x on repository. The version 10. was unstable to build.

We are having some other missing packages. I’m working on it.

1 Like

Hello. I’m wondering if you can try test anonsurf enable at boot?
It should have a small delay when Tor tries connecting to the network but after that everything should be fine.

We didn’t test AnonSurf bridge mode either. I want to create better configuration files for AnonSurf but I have no idea to do it right now.

2 Likes

not working here man

Hello. I’m wondering if you can try test anonsurf enable at boot?
It should have a small delay when Tor tries connecting to the network but after that everything should be fine.

–Set the enable at boot option then restarted the vm. It took a little for tor to initialize (longer for google to stop being a pain).

If you need any further help or testing, feel free to let me know.

1 Like

Huge thank to you. It would be awesome if you can try the bridge mode but i’m afraid the configuration files are not so friendly and it’s not in the documentation yet so… well if you can check some config files in /etc/anonsurf and play with it. Otherwise just skip it.

I have been able to boot the installer in Parallels on a M1 Mac, but have not be able to successfully get past package installation

Can we get a proper security release instead of the Architect? I am not sure if its a network issue, and I don’t know what packages to pick

1 Like

installed and works fine

I played around with the config files. Couldn’t really get it to work with the bridge. See:

AnonsurfBridgeErrors

If you ever need a second look at something let me know. I’d love to contribute if I can.

What’s your configuration? can you capture screenshot of file, please?

why getting this error while “sudo apt update && sudo apt full-upgrade -y” please: and i am trying to install the new iso on my parrot desktop nothing still seem work for me , who can really help concerning this issue and better guide on installing the parrot beta