Taskbar and desktop icons disappeared

Briefly describe your issue below:
I just turned on my laptop and once I entered my password all I could see on the desktop was my background, no desktop shortcuts and no taskbar at the top or bottom. I didnt make any changes to any system files before this. The link below brings up the taskbar but its different, there are no icons at the top like firefox or terminal and it doesent bring back any of my desktop icons, also the start menu in the bottom left doesent work.

What version of Parrot are you running? (include version, edition, and architecture)
Parrot Security 4.19.0 x64
What method did you use to install Parrot? (Debian Standard / Debian GTK / parrot-experimental)
Unsure (Assuming Debian Standard?)
Configured to multiboot with other systems? (yes / no)
No
If there are any similar issues or solutions, link to them below:

If there are any error messages or relevant logs, post them below:
None

Have you upgraded your system? Are you using default Desktop environment? I am thinking latest update break the system. If it is not, you can use TTY interface and grep error in /var/log/

If the bars have come then just add those menus manually,
Add 2 luncher for firefox and terminal.
And in upper left corner add applications and in lower left corner add advanced mate menu…
Adding them is simple right click on bars and click add to panal.

I had the same issue, and this worked for me:

1. Open a terminal, and type
  2. mate-panel --reset
5 Likes

there is a simple method. just right click on the empty panel showing below and a drop-down menu will appear the just click on reset panel

He is missing the panels entirely, nothing to right click on. This issue is way beyond not understanding the OS general use.

This worked for me, thanx

u save me
keep fix

This worked …thanks